Tuesday, May 23, 2017

I stole the munchkins

It's been kind of a tradition the last few years to take Ada with us to the parades on May long weekend. I was feeling very sad that they wouldn't be here to go with us, so I messaged my brother and asked if his kids were old enough to come stay with us for the weekend. He said they weren't.


But then he said they could probably manage 36 hours. YAY!


So Alexis had already planned to come to the mainland this week. She came a day earlier, and we met at her church. Then, I stole the kids and headed to Rocky Point Park.


I made the mistake of asking Adelaide which shoes belonged to who and she tricked me. So I put the too big shoes on Ruben, and he tripped. More than once. Poor little bubba.

We'd brought our little tent for them to play in. I thought it might be a good idea to provide some shade. Though as it turned out, we got a great picnic table in the shade and didn't really need the tent.

But it was fun to play with.


We also brought the football again. That was a barrel of laughs.





And we brought the things for a picnic/bbq.


We're so going to have to do another trip to a waterpark this summer - when everyone has the right shoes and hats.







I think it might also be a good idea to do one that's fenced in so I don't keep losing children.

I DIDN'T ACTUALLY LOSE ANY CHILDREN. They're just really fast and disappear in and out of other children.





Julius and Michelle met us at the park for lunch and Julius brought us comic books. This is something he's been doing for years. And it goes over really well.



A huge group joined us (well, at the next table) and their children had bubbles. OH WHAT DELIGHT and hilarity that provided.


There was some Talking Tom.


And some wrestling.

And a picture of the twins.


Then it was time for ice cream.










0 comments: